HOW TO ADD VALUE TO YOUR PROPERTY BEFORE SELLING
Adding value to your property before putting it on the market may increase your return. If you add some more value to your property before selling, it becomes more appealing to buyers who will be willing to pay more. You just have to be cautious not to overdo that and put off potential purchasers by the impression that it’s beyond their reach. Conversely, setting a low price tag on your house doesn’t necessarily give it have a good marketing image to the public, interested buyers might even want to beat it further down because you led them to think that way. When they want to settle for the one to buy, they might not go for the cheapest but the one to give them the greatest value at the most considerate price, so focus on upgrading your property first. As a home seller, make efforts to make your house be of a turnkey standard, as much as possible. This way, they feel they don’t have to make any more expenses after buying from you. Here are a few tips to follow to achieve this.
- Refurbish The Exterior: The Walls And Frames:There are two aspects of this, and this one is the first. Since this is the first thing any buyer must see, don’t you think that the first impression matters a lot? Irrespective of how nice and polished the interior might be, the decision to buy or not, and the set value(in the mind of the intending buyer) start from what they see on the outside. So, ensure that the walls have no crack, also that the walls are well painted to create much appeal. The last thing to check for here is the doors and windows frames; they must be strong, firm, and sprayed too.
- Refurbish The Exterior: The Landscaping And Lighting:The surrounding of the house; the yard, garden, pavements, and entire place will still be the first sight of anyone. The first thing to tackle here is to clean up the place; cut the grass, trim the flowers, clear up dead plant matters, and remove all debris found lying around. Then pay some professionals to organize a remarkable landscaping effect that will comprise of trees, shrubs, and rocks; this shouldn’t cost much. Finally on this, fix some good lighting to brighten things, illuminating the yard and displaying its beauty at night.
- Upgrade Your Kitchen:Every home seller must know that the kitchen is crucial to everyone, the occupants of a household are fed from there. You must upgrade it to something modern if it isn’t already. The cabinets, lightning, and water system must be sound and impressive. Remember to paint the walls and cabinets to give them some fresh look and appeal. You may want to clear the floor of all unnecessary wares as many people prefer their kitchen to be tidy and spacious. Lastly, search for cracks or dents on the door and window frames, and also on the floor. Fix them, if you find any.
- All Toilets And Bathrooms Must Be Up To Standard:Being up to standard means that the facilities are not too old, they are neat, efficient, and working at all times. These areas are too important in any building, so any fault here can single-handedly disqualify the whole house and put off most buyers. Paint the walls and frames, just like all other parts of the house. Then change all pipes, if old enough; or just fix faults, so that the plumbing system becomes robust and dependable. Ensure that the ceramics are new or polished up to give their natural glitter. Lastly, make yourself appear generous; put some new fresh towels, soaps, detergents, shampoos, and so on, for the lucky buyer in all of the toilets and bathrooms.
- De-cluttering And Lightning:You have to give the house some more quality by arranging the place, and clearing off all unnecessary items. The purpose of these is to create some space, which introduces simplicity, maturity, and beauty to the whole house. When a house is well de-cluttered, it gives more volume for oxygen, so the place can become airier and ventilated, hence, providing more relaxation and comfort. Also, this exercise helps to get rid of all unused items and debris, which served as accommodation and hiding spots for rats, cockroaches, and other pests. Lastly, remember to light up all the rooms and lobby with bright lights. It is a remarkable way of bringing the full aesthetic value of the property to the eyes.